Want to Buy Kava in Adelaide Online?
- Based in Adelaide, South Australia, Buy Kava Australia is a family-owned business with over 15 years’ experience in the Kava Industry.
- We offer FREE Express Post delivery for all orders over $199.50, and orders are shipped daily from our Gold Coast warehouse.
- Because of their reliability, unsurpassed quality of product, industry experience and reputation and finally – their second-to-none service, we choose to use Australia Kava Shop as our supplier of all kava products.
- It’s our mission to provide kava drinkers with the highest quality noble varieties of kava powder and instant kava available. Moreover – at competitive prices and with prompt delivery! Therefore, we strive to make sure every batch is as fresh as possible and that every customer gets exactly what they want. That is, a choice of Tongan Kava, Fiji Kava or Vanuatu Kava, plus an option for either powder or instant kava!
- We are passionate in our love for Kava. Just as folks in South Australia grow some of the very best wines in the world (Coonawarra Region, the Riverland, and Barossa Valley, we wish to ensure that everyone in Adelaide has access to the finest kava available.
Australians in particular have taken to this traditional drink, for a variety of reasons:
They enjoy the health benefits such as reducing their dependence on alcohol, reducing anxiety, easing stress and improving sleep;
Additionally, there is the growing ‘sober curiosity‘ factor in our society, that is, seeking viable alternatives to alcohol and drugs while still wanting something that’s a “feel-good” option;
Given that kava is 100% organic (no fertilisers, pesticides or herbicides are used in its cultivations), it doesn’t give you an alcohol-type hangover the following morning.
The Pacific Islanders Influence
What you may not know is that there is also a large population of Pacific Islanders in this country. Kava is the cornerstone of Pacific Islander tradition and whilst an acquired taste, it helps connect Islander-Australians with their cultural identity.
Moreover, because the drink is not alcohol, it is a lot less harmful than other substances that are readily available in Australia, whilst also providing some health benefits for drinkers.
Pacific Islanders are often asked – “Why do you drink it?” The reality is that it’s really important to their culture. It is the way they connect and interact when they drink kava that is really good for mental health. In fact, the drinking of kava is well-recognised as a great social tonic.
As a side note, Kava is sometimes used as a treatment for insomnia, stress and anxiety.
Kava Bars in Australia
In the U.S.A, the number of kava bars can be counted in the hundreds. That’s because it’s a relatively mature industry, compared to Australia. The number of kava bars in Australia amount to a handful – so far.
We have no doubt that this situation will change. The drinking of kava in Australia is escalating at a rate that can only be described as phenomenal. As the demand for it grows, so will the proliferation of kava bars in Australia.
Kava Varieties Available
There are many varieties of kava available in Australia, and you can find them all at Buy Kava Australia. The noble variety strains such as Borogu, Melo Melo and Kelai are the most popular and well-known strains of kava that come from Vanuatu. This type of kava has a milder taste than other varieties, making it ideal for those who haven’t tried kava before or who don’t like strong flavors.
However, for those who enjoy a heavy kava, you can’t go past the King of Fiji Kava – Waka Kava.
Our newest addition to our premium kava range is from Tonga. Tongan Kava at its finest!
When you buy Tongan kava, you want the best – yes? Well then, this is the one – Moana Premium Kava from the Tongan island of Vauva’u. Wonderfully creamy and smooth, it will certainly delight the senses with its high-level heady potency.
Noble kavas are typically used for ceremonial purposes because they’re easier on your stomach than other types of kavas. They’re grown organically in Tonga,Vanuatu and Fiji by small-lot farmers who follow traditional methods to ensure their product meets high standards for quality control.
You can buy noble strains online through us here at Buy Kava Australia!
In the past, kava was used in many different ways. It can be prepared as a tea or mixed with other ingredients to make it more palatable. You can also buy kava powder which you can mix into juices or smoothies for an instant boost of energy.
There are many kava recipes available for making cocktails and smoothies that include kava powder and Instant Kava powder as an ingredient. Whilst there are also some great ideas for making your own kava cocktails and smoothies, my personal favourite is the Kava Mango Cocktail (when mangoes are in season).
Certification and Packaging
The Kava you buy from Buy Kava Australia is fully certificated in its country of origin and upon arrival in Australia. Additionally, it’s packaged in accord with the strict HACCP conditions as per Australian Government Regulations. Therefore, you can be assured that the Kava that you buy from us online is safe and legal to purchase, with all the correct paperwork in place.
Check out our Customer Feedback
It’s a well-documented fact that Pacific Islanders have been growing and consuming kava for 1000’s of years and if you’ve ever been to places like Vanuatu, Fiji and Tonga, surely you will have noticed how happy they are. That’s due to a number of things and cultural mores and traditions have a lot to do with it.
Pacific Islanders are often asked – “Why do you drink kava?” The reality is that it’s really important to their culture. It is the way they connect and interact when they drink kava that is really good for mental health. In fact, the drinking of kava is well-recognised by them as a great social tonic.
The bottom line is that kava is well known for its ability to enhance focus and concentration, improve digestion, boost immunity and improve skin health.
How to Make Kava
Kava is a traditional Polynesian drink made from the root of the kava plant, Piper methysticum. For centuries, it’s been used as an important part of social and cultural ceremonies in Fiji, Vanuatu, Tonga and other Pacific islands.
Kava can be made in many different ways but there are two main methods: modern or traditional. The traditional method involves crushing dried roots with stones or wooden mallets before adding water (or coconut milk) and straining through a cloth bag called a ‘ti’ or ‘iti’. This process produces a cloudy liquid that many prefer to drink straight away because it contains less sediment than the filtered version produced by modern methods which involve grinding up dried roots into powder form before mixing them with cold water then filtering out any remaining debris using cheesecloth or muslin cloths held over sieves lined with fine metal mesh filters such as tea strainers. Our “How to Prepare Kava” blog post covers every aspect of successfully preparing your kava drink.
Of course, no discussion would be complete without pointing out some of the key benefits of preparing and drinking Instant Kava:
- It’s quick and easy to make – simply put into a shaker or glass then stir and drink! Takes about 10 seconds to prepare!
- You only need a half teaspoon per serve
- Great for traveling – take it with you anywhere!
- Made from pure green kava juice – not just micronised powder!
As the popularity of kava grows, so does the number of people who want to try it. If you’re new to Kava and don’t know how to use it properly, here are some tips for getting started:
- Don’t drink too much. While there is no maximum amount of kava that should be consumed at once, it’s best not to drink more than one or two shells (cups) per day. Drinking too much can cause nausea and vomiting as well as dizziness in some individuals.
- Don’t mix Kava with alcohol or other drugs. Quality kava should be consumed as a stand-alone drink for maximum benefit.
- When drinking kava, as per the traditional rules of the nakamals in Vanuatu, kava is best taken in quiet surroundings with low lighting.
Ordering Kava from Buy Kava Australia is a simple process. Here’s how:
- Select the type of Kava you want to order here, then click “add to cart”
- Choose whether you would like your order delivered by standard or Express Post (NOTE: All orders over $199.50 are automatically sent by FREE Express Post delivery anyway)
- Checkout with your payment method of choice, which includes Visa/MasterCard, After-Pay and PayPal
Our kava is competitively priced. So, you don’t have to break the bank each time you buy some. Whether it’s for yourself, your friends or family members, surely they could use some relaxation too! And don’t worry if you live in a remote area. We deliver locally to every part of Australia (except the N.T.) and we’ll make sure that it arrives on time – EVERY TIME. That way, no-one has to suffer from stress or anxiety while waiting for their delivery.
Q: What are the different types of Kava?
A: There are many varieties of kava, and each one has its own unique characteristics. The most common types are Noble and Tudei. We do NOT recommend the latter due to the likelihood of getting a hangover and feeling “off” for a day or two after drinking it.
Q: How do I know which type is right for me?
A: Whether you’re a seasoned drinker of if you’re new to drinking kava, we always recommend trying a Noble variety. So, if you’ve tried other kinds of Kava before with no issues, then go ahead and try one from this list!
If you’re looking to buy kava in Adelaide online, then Buy Kava Australia is the perfect choice. We have a wide range of products and accessories that will suit your needs. You can also be assured that our quality and certification of products is second-to-none, which means that you’ll get what you pay for when buying from us!
Also, you might be interested to know that our kava has proven very popular throughout South Australia. As well as Adelaide, we deliver to such places as remote places like Ceduna, all areas of the Riverland and Coonawarra regions, the Barossa Valley, Port Lincoln and Coffin Bay, Port Augusta, Mount Gambier, Murray Bridge and Tailem Bend and of course – Adelaide and suburbs. In fact, all towns in South Australia are on our delivery schedule!
We have a wide range of products and accessories that will suit your needs. You can also be assured that our quality and certification of products is second-to-none, which means that you’ll get what you pay for when buying from us!
If you would like more information about the benefits of Kava or recipes on how best to use it, check out our kava blog section where we have plenty of helpful articles on these topics!