Kava Recipes - For Your Next Social Occasion
We want as many people as possible to enjoy the benefits that come with drinking kava. Understandably, some folks don’t like the taste of kava on its own and prepared in the traditional manner. Sure, we accept the fact that for many it’s an acquired taste. That’s one of the main reasons for writing this post for you.
There is also a growing trend of people seeking alternatives to alcohol and psychoactive drugs such as marijuana. As such, there are a host of reasons for them doing so however, that’s a discussion for another time or place (though you might find this article interesting).
Either way, these kava recipes are designed to open up a whole new world for you when it comes to relaxation.
But before we get onto the actual recipes, are you aware of the benefits of kava? Here are a few:
Always remember: The world’s a better place when you drink kava!
KAVA RECIPE WARNING:
This is not the low-fat version! 😁😋
- 2 cup-size serves of vanilla ice cream
- 120ml Full Cream Milk
- 60ml of your favourite chocolate syrup
- 10gms of Instant Kava
- Whipped Cream
- Shaved Chocolate (optional)
- Separate the 120ml Full Cream milk into 2 x 60ml
- Blend 1 x 60ml of Full Cream milk with the 10gm of Instant kava for 20 seconds.
- Then mix into the blender:
- 1 x 60ml unblended Milk
- 1 x 60ml Milk with Instant kava blend
- 2 x cups of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 x 60ml of your favourite chocolate sauce.
- Blend for 30 seconds
Finally – pour into your serving glass and add whipped cream on top.
There you have it – a delicious and relaxing Kava Chocolate Milk Shake!
- Combine kava, coconut milk, coconut cream and orange juice in a blender.
- Blend for 4 minutes
- Add pineapple ice cubes and 6 ice cubes made from water to the blender.
- Pulse just enough to crush the ice.
- Pour into a glass or for a tropical feel, use a coconut shell.
- Sprinkle with cacao powder and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
“If you like kava coladasAnd gettin’ caught in the rain….”
Ingredients & Directions
Whichever you choose, mix with 500ml coconut water. If you’re using kava powder, ensure that it is well- strained with a quality straining bag or fine stainless steel strainer.
TIP: The fats in the coconut water extract the lactones in kava more effectively resulting in a stronger and more potent brew
Put the following into a blender:
- The Kava / coconut brew
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean extract
- 200ml coconut cream
Blend until smooth then serve chilled or at room temperature
Go BANANAS with this one!
When mangoes are in season, what better way to enjoy them but by way of a Kava Mango Cocktail. YUM!
Serve chilled as a cocktail.
You’ll want to know about this one because of its unique and delicious flavor profile. In a similar fashion to the “Bakavanana” kava cocktail, the fats in almond milk extract the lactones in kava more effectively. Result – a stronger and more potent brew!
- 1 teaspoon of Instant Kava Powder
- 200 ml (about 1/2 cup) of water
- 1 small mango (sliced/diced) or 1/2 large mango
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 cup of either full-cream milk or almond milk, depending on your personal preference
- 1 cup of ice
- Blend the kava first with the water (takes about 10-15 seconds by just mixing in a glass)
- Crush the mango, add ice, honey, milk and add to the blended kava. Then blend this mix at high speed for 1 min
- Pour in a tall glass. Stir & drink this amazing fusion of flavours!
The Mango Kava Cocktail – definitely one of our special occasion favourites!
Ingredients & Directions
Pour about an inch of water into the bottom of your drinking glass
- 1 cup of kava powder (follow the instructions on the package)
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups of milk or almond milk
- Sugar or honey, to taste
- First, prepare your kava. Add one cup of water to your mix and stir until blended. Then add another cup of water and stir again. Repeat this process until all four cups of water have been added. Leave it to sit for ten minutes before straining it through a cheesecloth so you can remove any excess sediment that may be left behind.
- Next, bring 4 cups of milk or almond milk (your preference) to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add 1/2 cup sugar or honey (again, your choice) to sweeten it up if you like!
- Then add in your prepared kava mixture and stir until combined.
You’re ready to drink and enjoy!
The kava recipes dealt with here are not the end of the story.
Kava drinkers are always searching for new additions to their recipes library. In addition to our resources, our friends in the kava industry have been exceedingly helpful in putting this insight together. Our special thanks must go first to our ‘sister’ site – Buy Kava Online for their extensive collection of recipes. and of course to our kava supplier – Australia Kava Shop who provide us with the highest quality kava products available in Australia. As such, we ensure that our recommendations are always for using only high-quality noble kava. That’s because your body will react better to noble kava. NEVER, EVER, use tudei kava or unreputable kava. This is the most important tip for making a kava smoothie.
Moreover, many thanks to the sites listed below for their valuable contributions to the making of this Kava Recipes Guide. Finally, we recommend that you try at least one of these kava recipes using your preferred kava type.
RELAX and enjoy your Kava Cocktail at your next social/special occasion!